Monday 5 October 2015

General Outline

"This is some rescue! You came in here, but didn't you have a plan for getting out?"
 - Princess Leia, Episode IV

I've been drawing up an outline of what topics I should include in the text and I've divided them into 4 parts. Each part will be composed of multiple chapters, and each of those further sub-divided into sections. What I have in mind is:
  1. Basics: A quick overview of equity basics followed by option fundamentals
  2. Strategies: The bulk of this text. A comprehensive description and classification of option strategies
  3. Adjunct Material (Needs a better name): More advanced material on options. Also includes case studies and lookup tables of strategies based on different criteria
  4. Appendices: Support material
The first two parts are pretty self-explanatory for now - I will detail each part in future posts. Part III is really just a dumping ground for topics I think are good to know. This will include the Greeks and some math on probabilities. I'm also planning to put a few case studies, although that will be one of the last things to write. The Appendices is where the index and references will be. I will also be including a short guide on using Excel to calculate probabilities and such, Finally, I'll also include a list of learning materials that I learned from or found interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment